Adolescence Problems.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 7 Awesome Comments
 WARNING awkward post ahead, do not read unless you are a female aged 10-18.

I know how hard it is to deal with adolescence, trust me- I've been through it. Since I have strict parents, I wasn't allowed to shave, date, wear makeup (unless there's a special occasion) go over friend's houses,walk alone ANYWHERE, and dress up/do my hair myself.
Until I hit middle school.
Here's my advice to you if you have strict parents that make it seem like you have NO FREEDOM.
  • I made a deal with my parents, and it basically said that as long as I walked in a specific path, I was able to be sent to school halfway by my parents so that nobody would notice I get picked up and that I walk home half the way. That way, I could be "guarded" through roads that didn't have crossing guards or traffic lights. Make an agreement with your parents so that you don't have to be stuck in between the "You get picked up?" conversation again.
  • What if they don't let you wear the clothes you want? If you want to wear more mature clothing, compromise with them and wear a cute shrug or cardigan over your spaghetti-straps and straplesses to make yourself look modest but cute.
  • Won't let you buy womanly products? Well, if they don't let you wear a bra, I would suggest a tank top or cami underneath. NOBODY will notice. Feel the need to shave? I would suggest threading. Click Here
  • The first time I went over a friend's house, it was because of a project. It took a while to to convince them to let me, but I did it when my parents and my friend's parents met and they knew each other a bit before they let me.
  • Since middle school starts to have a lot of dances, some lipgloss is pretty essential and is harmless as long as you don't wear it every day. Parents still won't let you? Make your own makeup. There are many recipes online.
  • I left the house early in the morning and was walked to school with my father so that my mom wouldn't try to do my hair/make outfits for me. She eventually got used to it.
  • The way I handled crushes was emailing them and talking to them on facebook. Just because you can't date someone didn't mean you can't talk to them, as long as you don't get overly obsessed.
  • Grades driving you insane? Talk to your parents. Extra credit projects are also handy, but don't rely on them.

Find more girl advice at my fave website, http://www.girlslife.com/

hope this helped,







7 Awesome Comments:

  • Anonymous said...

    Thanx but my dad won't let me wear makeup for certain reason but my mom will and I want to be q makeup artist and he wven thinks 16 isn't supposed to wear makeup so help meeeeeeeeeee

  • Unknown said...

    I think it's good to achieve your dreams. The thing is, don't spend so much time on your makeup. Modern technology is really advanced these days, and soon, people might not need humans to apply their makeup. and being a full-time artist isn't a good career option, to be honest. I understand what you're going through, tho. The only reason I know how to wear mascara is because my bff showed me ;) Take it step by step. practice with chapstick and moisturizer first. wear makeup that are for health purposes, such as lip balm, lotion, concealer, clear nail polish, etc. the more you wear, the more used to it they will get. If they still won't give way, enjoy what you hae. there are people that can't even afford to take good care of their physical appearance.

    Hope this helped, xoxo yingsmiley

  • Unknown said...

    This is really good. I really like it and I totally agree with it. I went through this myself. I understand how it feels. Thanks for posting this. It's truly amazing. =)

  • Anonymous said...

    Really great article. I could totally connect. :) You are an amazing writer & a very kind, talented individual!

  • Anonymous said...

    OMG I could totally connect to all of this also. Thank you so much for posting this! You are an amazing writer :D

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 Stardoll Local News | TNB